2014 Show: Allan Raymond

_______________________

Allan Raymond
International All Breeds Judge

I have been a cat lover all my life and in my early teens I always wanted to own a white cat. My dream was fulfilled when my music teacher’s cat had a litter of all white kittens of which one was given to me much to my parent’s disapproval. As my teens progressed the family obtained a seal point Siamese and at another stage of my life I owned two Tonkinese.

My love affair with the official Cat World commenced in the 1970s in Tasmania when I purchased and successfully showed a blue Persian kitten in partnership with Michael Woods. This lead to the purchase of other Persian colours and a very successful breeding and show career under the prefix 'Raywood'.

In 1980 a move to Melbourne, Victoria, continued our breeding and showing and included an early dabble in Exotics. We showed a Black Persian male who was FCCV Cat of the Year for three consecutive years. I also showed Oriental Shorthair successfully.

In the early 1980’s I commenced my judges training with the Feline Control Council of Victoria obtaining my Group 1 (Longhair) licence in 1985. 1990 I commenced my Group 3 training and continued that training with QFA Inc when we relocated to Surfers Paradise in Queensland. I became an All Breeds Judge in 1997.

I have had the honour of judging extensively throughout Australia and New Zealand and have also judged many times in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Belgium, France, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, USA, South Korea, South Africa, Hong Kong, England, mainland China, and Taiwan.

I am honoured and humbled to have been accepted into the CFA Judges Programm at the CFA Board meeting on 1 October 2011 after many years of guest judging for CFA. I was elevated to Approved All Breeds Judge in December 2012, the first Australian CFA USA All breeds judge.

I held the position of Vice-President of the QFA Inc for 7 years and an Executive Member of the Australian Cat Federation from 2003 until 2006 and held the position of ACF International Liaison Officer from 2003 until 2006. In the capacity of ILO I was the ACF Inc delegate at the World Cat Congress Conference in Houston Texas in 2004, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2005 and London, 2006.
_______________________

Allan is from Surfers Paradise, Australia,
and will be judging at our 60th All Breeds Show.
_______________________

No comments:

Post a Comment