2014 Show: Janis Christison

_______________________

Janis Christison
International All Breeds Judge

I am an ACF Inc International All Breeds Judge and since 1992 have enjoyed judging regularly in all Australian States and throughout New Zealand.  I have also judged in Germany, Netherlands, Malaysia, Sweden and South Africa.  I am licensed by the Queensland Feline Association Inc (QFA) and have been actively involved in all facets of the cat fancy for over 36 years.  I am currently a Vice-President of QFA and a Lead Tutor Judge.  For many years I served as President of the QFA Inc Judges Association.  I am President and a foundation member of my club Flash Felines and a life member of the ACT Longhair Cat Club (of Canberra, where I began my journey in the cat fancy).  I love to share my knowledge and experience with breeders, exhibitors and trainee judges. 


I have adored cats since I was a small child and my fascination with felines is no less today.  From the time I became involved in the cat fancy I enjoyed every aspect so much that I was keen to study and become a judge.  This has allowed me the privilege and great pleasure of being able to regularly handle many magnificent cats and to meet and talk with their proud breeders and owners. 

I began breeding and showing Persians in 1976 (colour bred blues, creams and blue creams).  In 1989 I added other colours and patterns to my program including patched, tabby and silver and began an Exotic program from Gen 1.  I only ever bred from a very small number of cats but I enjoyed success with both breeds over the years and was fortunate to achieve Cat of Year awards in 1987, 1990 and 1998 – each time with a Blue Persian!   Though I no longer have a breeding program, I give all my care to our very senior and much loved cats as they live out their days in peace and comfort with us.

I wish all the breeders and exhibitors good luck.
_______________________

Janis is from Brisbane, Australia, and will be judging at our
60th All Breeds Show on 3rd/4th May 2014.
_______________________

No comments:

Post a Comment